Rape offence is sexual intercourse that is forced on another without the person’s consent or against the person’s will. It is defined as any kind of penetration, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object or oral penetration without the consent of the victim. In all jurisdictions the prosecution must prove that sexual penetration took place without the consent of the complainant. In the common law jurisdictions of some states the prosecution must also prove that the accused knew that the victim was not consenting.
Under Section 38-43, a person is charged with a maximum of 25 years imprisonment and a minimum of 5 years imprisonment depending on level of offences as mentioned below:
- Rape by compelling sexual penetration;
- Rape with aggravating circumstances;
- Sexual or indecent assault;
- Indecent assault with aggravating circumstances;
- Sexual assault by compelling sexual touching;
- Assault with intent to rape/ sexual offence; and
- Threat to commit a sexual offence.
If you have charged by the police for rape related offences, you would require a strong legal team to defend you in the court. Roman Lawyers have skills and experience in such matters. Please do not hesitate to contact us.